where to play xiang qi online using 'western' symbols?
h***@yahoo.co.uk
2010-05-28 17:55:03 UTC
Where can I play xiang qi online without using Chinese characters on
the pieces? E.g. using symbols from western chess (plus similar for
cannons and guards), or using letters from the English alphabet (K, R,
N, etc.)

(I know this is pathetic, but would like to play online before I build
up familiarity with the Chinese characters!)

Thanks!

Michael
ddyer
Boardspace.net has both sets of symbols.
h***@yahoo.co.uk
2010-05-30 08:34:34 UTC
Post by ddyer
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
Where can I play xiang qi online without using Chinese characters on
the pieces? E.g. using symbols from western chess (plus similar for
cannons and guards), or using letters from the English alphabet (K, R,
N, etc.)
Boardspace.net has both sets of symbols.
Thanks! But every time I've been there, I haven't been able to find
anyone to play xiang qi with...

Michael