I cannot seem to Order Chinese books in the USA
samsloan
2010-09-12 07:25:13 UTC
I have been trying to purchase some Chinese language books. I cannot
seem to order them even though they are listed on the Chinese language
version of Amazon at http://www.amazon.cn

Some of the books I want to order have the ISBN Numbers of
9787117116077
9787117115599
ISBN: 9787117116794
ISBN 9787309065275 / 7309065271

Put those number into Google and you will see many places advertising
those books.

Yet, when I try to order it they ask what province of China I am in
and they ask for my account number with the Bank of China. They will
not take my credit card number.

Here is a link (in Chinese).

http://www.amazon.cn/%E7%BE%8E%E5%9B%BD%E6%B3%A8%E5%86%8C%E6%8A%A4%E5%A3%AB%E8%B5%84%E6%A0%BC%E8%80%83%E8%AF%95%E5%A4%8D%E4%B9%A0%E6%8C%87%E5%AF%BC%E2%80%A2%E6%88%90%E4%BA%BA%E5%86%85%E5%A4%96%E7%A7%91%E6%8A%A4%E7%90%86-Billings/dp/B00358TH12/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Funny thing is, the publisher is an American company.

Can anybody please tell me how to buy these books?

Sam Sloan
Jürgen R.
Send me your credit card number and I will order them for you.
Anti-DabianchenVirus
2010-09-12 17:08:10 UTC
Do you do this often?
rst9
2010-09-12 18:37:45 UTC
Yeah, that's what he does for a living.
rst7
2010-09-12 15:12:15 UTC
Post by samsloan
[...]
http://www.amazon.cn is in China.
Try contacting www.amazon.com or the publisher, or I can get my gf's
brother in China to get one. The last method may take some time and
expenses.
samsloan
2010-09-19 07:33:33 UTC
I have found out the surprising answer to this question.

Lippincott is not actually the publisher of any Chinese language
editions. They sell the rights to the Chinese language Publishers and
they become the Publisher of the Chinese language edition and they
sell the book.

The People's Medical Publishing House (Mainland China) is the
publisher of the Bi-Lingual Simplified Chinese/English edition of
Billings: Lippincott's Review for NCLEX-RN, 8/e.

Ho-Chi Book Publishing (Taiwan) is the publisher of the Complex
Chinese edition of Billings: Lippincott's Content Review for NCLEX-RN,
1/e.

I have written both places and I am waiting for a reply.

It is certainly an interesting situation that there are two different
translations from English into Chinese, one into traditional Chinese
and the other into simplified Chinese.

My girlfriend says that she will be able to read either one equally
well, although she slightly prefers simplified Chinese since she is
from Mainland China.

Sam Sloan
Sam Sloan
None
2010-09-19 22:51:07 UTC
On Sep 19, 3:33 am, samsloan <***@gmail.com> wrote:

My girlfriend says that she will be able to read either one equally
well, although she slightly prefers simplified Chinese since she is
from Mainland China.

--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
rst0wxyz
2010-09-19 22:54:29 UTC
Post by samsloan
My girlfriend says that she will be able to read either one equally
well, although she slightly prefers simplified Chinese since she is
from Mainland China.
--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
Go to Sweden or Denmark. The welfare systems are better in these
countries.
None
Yes but how dumb are the mail-order brides
rst0wxyz
What do you mean dumb? She's got a rich American husband, didn't she?
None
2010-09-20 17:26:52 UTC
Post by None
Post by None
--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
Go to Sweden or Denmark.  The welfare systems are better in these
countries.
Yes but how dumb are the mail-order brides
What do you mean dumb?  She's got a rich American husband, didn't she?-
Sam isn't rich, in fact Sam makes his living my marrying ugly, foreign
women who want to emigrate to U.S.of A.
rst9
2010-09-20 18:50:32 UTC
Post by None
Post by None
Post by None
--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
Go to Sweden or Denmark.  The welfare systems are better in these
countries.
Yes but how dumb are the mail-order brides
What do you mean dumb?  She's got a rich American husband, didn't she?-
Sam isn't rich, in fact Sam makes his living my marrying ugly, foreign
women who want to emigrate to U.S.of A.
That isn't nice to say about Sam Sloan. He just too decent a guy for
people like you.
Anti-DabianchenVirus
2010-09-20 06:09:31 UTC
Post by samsloan
My girlfriend says that she will be able to read either one equally
well, although she slightly prefers simplified Chinese since she is
from Mainland China.
--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
Go to Sweden or Denmark.  The welfare systems are better in these
countries.
You left out Norway, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and
Finland.
rst9
2010-09-20 18:52:09 UTC
Post by samsloan
My girlfriend says that she will be able to read either one equally
well, although she slightly prefers simplified Chinese since she is
from Mainland China.
--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
Go to Sweden or Denmark.  The welfare systems are better in these
countries.
You left out Norway, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and
Finland.
I don't know much about these countries, but I know Denmark and
Sweden.
Anti-DabianchenVirus
2010-09-20 20:18:34 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_model
David Ames
2010-10-14 20:23:32 UTC
Post by samsloan
My girlfriend says that she will be able to read either one equally
well, although she slightly prefers simplified Chinese since she is
from Mainland China.
--What happened to your Japanese wife? Now we know why you want to go
to Russia.
Go to Sweden or Denmark.  The welfare systems are better in these
countries.
You left out Norway, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and
Finland.
And the Aland Islands (Ahvenanmaa in Finnish). They have their own
flag, right?
The "h" is pronounced. It does not lengthen the vowel as in German.

David Ames

David Ames
2010-10-14 00:10:51 UTC
Post by samsloan
[...]
Have you tried Cheng & Tsui in Boston? Or Schoenhof's in Cambridge?
You have connections in Berkeley, don't you? Perhaps there is a
comparable store in San Francisco.

David Ames
soc.culture.china
2010-10-14 00:46:13 UTC
Post by samsloan
[...]
Yeah, East Wind Bookstore on Grant Ave a couple of blocks from
Broadway on Italian town.
David Ames