127 Photos from the World Championship on Chinese Chess in Jakarta Indonesia
samsloan
2011-11-27 04:26:26 UTC
I have added 127 photos from the World Championship of Chinese Chess
in Jakarta Indonesia to my Facebook and flickr.com pages. I invite my
friends to "tag" these pictures if they recognize any of the faces of
these people as I know only a few of them and I do not have time to
tag all the thousands of faces in these pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N05

Sam Sloan
brad
2011-11-27 16:44:59 UTC
Were there any western women players there. Can't really tell by the
pictures.

brad
samsloan
2011-11-27 22:40:40 UTC
Post by brad
Were there any western women players there. Can't really tell by the
pictures.
brad
No. There were no Western women players.

However, there is one. She is Marcy Cohen, the wife of USA Chess
Grandmaster Andy Soltis. I am told that she is about my strength at
Chinese chess but I have never played her.

She refuses to play in the Woman's Section. She wants to play in the
Men's or "Open" section. The Chinese officials will not agree to this.

She wrote an article about this that is posted somewhere on the USCF
website at uschess.org

Sam Sloan