looking for an "Opening Explorer"
ch56
2011-04-30 18:45:41 UTC
Does anybody know of a Xiangqi website with a good “opening explorer?” I'm talking about where you can select a move and it shows continuations from its database, how much they're played, and result statistics. And then you can select a next move, see the statistics again, and so on. English is best but even Chinese would be workable if I could just get to the starting point. Preferably a site with a large number of high level games in its database.
Thanks.
Mikko Törnqvist
2011-05-01 07:21:33 UTC
Post by ch56
Does anybody know of a Xiangqi website with a good “opening explorer?” I'm talking about where you can select a move and it shows continuations from its database, how much they're played, and result statistics. And then you can select a next move, see the statistics again, and so on. English is best but even Chinese would be workable if I could just get to the starting point. Preferably a site with a large number of high level games in its database.
Thanks.
There's one site provided by the World Xiangqi Federation
http://www.wxf.org
(=>English=>Master database)
or directly
http://99.237.250.152/xq/xqdb/xqdb_index.html
(click "position DB")

It has some statistics, but in my experience when there's
less than about 50 games of a particular variant,
then the results are no longer reliable, just random
games. But the major openings have thousands of games played,
so they are quite reliable, I think.

If somebody else knows a different more reliable site (in any language),
I'd interested to know as well.

Best Regards,
Mikko Törnqvist
Finnish Xiangqi Association