The evidence about the Bellsouth poster
samsloan
2009-10-05 00:25:37 UTC
When the Mottershead Report confirmed in 2007 what I had been saying
since 2005, that Paul Truong was the Fake Sam Sloan, I was anonymously
emailed a bunch of listings "proving" that the Bellsouth poster was
none other than Brian Lafferty, who was using a technique to mask his
net protocol address (isp). I was too busy to examine this closely.

Unfortunately, when looking for material for my obituary of Jerry
Hanken, I have this minute accidentally deleted the folder containing
that email.

Please could the person who sent it to me email it to me again? Use
the address ***@samsloan.com as I do not read my gmail address.

I did save into another folder one fragment from that email, which I
think was quoted to show that ***@gmail.com was, or was
working with, Brian Lafferty:

I remember something about the same technique having been used by the
Bellsouth poster, ***@gmail.com, ***@nowhere.com
and Brian Lafferty to obfuscate or spoof their "hosting addresses".

As I could not understand it, I had shown the table to my son, who said
that ***@gmail.com must have been "taking an onion route".
But then he looked up the hosts and found that none of them had been an
"onion node" so that could not be the explanation. However, my son is
wrong about almost everything else.

Could anyone help me decode this? I have long suspected that the author
of most of the non-Paul Fake Sam Sloan forgeries was Brian Lafferty.

Sam Sloan
samsloan
2009-10-05 05:44:26 UTC
The posting below is Fake. I did not post this. It was posted through
dizum.com, an anonymous remailer, as the headers below show.

It is also factually incorrect. I did not suspect in 2005 that Paul
Truong was the Fake Sam Sloan. It never even occurred to me at that
point in time that it might be him especially since I was taking his
side and the side of his beloved Susan Polgar in the battles they were
waging against a host of others.

It was not until the end of July 2006 after I had won election to the
USCF Executive Board and after Paul Truong started posting in the same
pattern as the Fake Sam Sloan that it suddenly became obvious that
Paul Truong WAS the Fake Sam Sloan.

I have never suspected that Brian Lafferty was the Bell South Poster.
Brian Lafferty was not even posting here when the Bell South poster
was active.

The email address ***@samsloan.com is defunct because Deputy
Christopher Smith of the Amherst County Virginia Sheriff's Department
closed it down. Deputy Smith was later suspended by the Sheriff's
Department because he shot a man but the samsloan.com website remains
closed.

Here are the headers proving that I did not post this:

Subject: The evidence about the Bellsouth poster
From: samsloan <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chinese-
chess,alt.privacy,soc.culture.vietnamese