The Time Has Come to Put Alisa Melekhina on the Cover of Chess Life (finally)
samsloan
2009-09-17 03:37:47 UTC
You must really be bored in China.
Not bored at all. No bites yet, but a few nibbles.

What I really regret is I did not check TWIC. After the completion of
the World Championship of Chinese Chess, I was looking around for
another Chinese Chess tournament to play in.

What I should have looked up was chess tournaments in China, as
opposed to Chinese chess tournaments.

Then, I would have found the World Woman's Team Championship which
started near Shanghai on the same day that the Chinese chess
tournament finished.

Had I known about this, I would have gone there. Our team would have
been really, really surprised to see me there.

I would have told them that Bill Goichberg sent me, to make sure they
played good moves.

Sam Sloan
in Shenyang, China
samsloan
2009-10-06 21:41:14 UTC
I just decided to check the IP address for this posting. Here is the
result:

APNIC - Query the APNIC Whois Database

To assist you with debugging problems, this whois query was received
from IP Address

Your web client may be behind a web proxy.

% APNIC found the following authoritative answer from: whois.apnic.net

% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 218.60.0.0 - 218.61.255.255
netname: UNICOM-LN
country: CN
descr: China Unicom Liaoning province network
descr: China Unicom
admin-c: CH1302-AP
tech-c: GZ84-AP
status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-CNCGROUP-LN
mnt-routes: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: hm-***@apnic.net 20040405
changed: hm-***@apnic.net 20040927
changed: hm-***@apnic.net 20060124
changed: hm-***@apnic.net 20080415
changed: hm-***@apnic.net 20090508
source: APNIC

route: 218.60.0.0/15
descr: CNC Group CHINA169 Liaoning Province Network
country: CN
origin: AS4837
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: ***@cnc-noc.net 20060118
source: APNIC

person: ChinaUnicom Hostmaster
nic-hdl: CH1302-AP
e-mail: ***@chinaunicom.cn
address: No.21,Jin-Rong Street
address: Beijing,100140
address: P.R.China
phone: +86-10-66259940
fax-no: +86-10-66259764
country: CN
changed: ***@chinaunicom.cn 20090408
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP
source: APNIC

person: Guangyu Zhan
nic-hdl: GZ84-AP
e-mail: ***@online.ln.cn
address: DATA Communication Bureau of Liaoning Province,China
address: 38 Lianhe Road,Dadong District Shenyang 110044,China
phone: +86-24-22800809
fax-no: +86-24-22800077
country: CN
changed: ***@lntelecom.com 20090803