2011 Finnish Open Xiangqi Championships
Mikko Törnqvist
2011-03-01 12:54:52 UTC
Friends of Chinese Chess in Finland in co-operation with Helsinki
Confucius Institute will organize Finnish Open Xiangqi Championships.

Prizes: First Prize 100 €, Second Prize 30 € and Third Prize 20 €

Venue: Helsinki Confucius Institute (Unioninkatu 33, Helsinki)

Entry: Open to all, no entry fees. Lunch is provided free of charge by
the Confucius Institute.

Accommodation: Free accommodation for a few foreign guests available at
Finnish Players’ residence

Schedule:
16.4. 10:00-10:30 Opening Ceremony
16.4. 10:30-13:00 Round 1
16.4. 13:00-14:00 Lunch
16.4. 14:00-16:30 Round 2
16.4. 16:30-19:00 Round 3

17.4. 10:00-12:30 Round 4
17.4. 12:30-13:30 Lunch
17.4. 13:30-16:00 Round 5
17.4. 16:00-16:30 Award ceremony

Time limits:
60 minutes for each player on each round.

Registration:
mikko.tornqvist (at) iki.fi
Toniek
2011-03-10 11:08:17 UTC
Post by Mikko Törnqvist
[...]
Very nice! How much player will be from Europe? I'm interested in
participation at this tournament
Mikko Törnqvist
2011-03-10 15:34:07 UTC
Post by Toniek
Very nice! How much player will be from Europe? I'm interested in
participation at this tournament
You're welcome to participate.

So far no other foreign players have signed up, but
we'll except to have many good Chinese players living in Finland
to participate, so it should be an interesting experience for all.

Best Regards,
Mikko Törnqvist
Dmitry Rumyancev
Mikko T rnqvist
Dmitry Rumyancev
2011-03-12 18:45:43 UTC
Hello Mikko!

I'm interesting also.
Is possible to come at 15.04 evening ?
Do you have any accommodation place ?

BR,
Dmitry
Mikko Törnqvist
2011-03-12 19:52:28 UTC
Post by Dmitry Rumyancev
Hello Mikko!
I'm interesting also.
Is possible to come at 15.04 evening ?
Do you have any accommodation place ?
You're welcome to participate.

I think it should be possible to arrange accomodation for you on the
April the 15th as well. Please contact me in advance so we can
arrange the details.

By the way, a few years ago I met a few Russian players in a
international tournament :
Sergey Galochkin (Сергей Галочкин), Daniil Zorin (Даниил Зорин) and
Dmitriy Gladishev (Дмитрий Гладышев)
(during the first Mind Sports Olympiad [Первые Всемирные
Интеллектуальные Игры - WMSG] organized by the International
Mind Sports Association, in October 2008)

Do you know if they still play? They also had a team manager, her name
was Irina Golovina, I think. Is she still active within the Russian
Xiangqi Federation?

Also, do you know if the Russian Xiangqi Federation have any other pages
besides :
http://xiangqi-ru.blogspot.com/
(I would especially interested in any information about Russian tournaments)

Best Regards,
Mikko Törnqvist
Finnish Xiangqi Association
Toniek
2011-03-20 21:20:25 UTC
Hello Mikko! I decided: I will not come to Helsinki because - for the
moment - I'm too weak to play in a xiangqi tournament . I need to
accumulate experience. This is why I decided to play in the tournament
next year. In the meantime I'll play a lot via email and on PlayOK.
In this way there will be a fund for tournaments abroad. For now,
unfortunately I can't make any journey. Sorry. Next year i will play
in Helsinki, i promise.

Regards

Antonio BARRA